Saturday 19 April 2008

Couldnt find his arse with both hands

Vietnam has entered the space race. Yes they got a yank to build a satellite, a froggy to launch it from South America and then claimed they were a member of the space team.

Did you know that Nigeria spends 15 million US on space discovery and exploration. Would be easier for the guy who decided that was a good idea to look between his ears. Reminds me of one of my favourite American sayings "couldn't find his arse with both hands"

Went to Dalat Thursday its about 45 minute flight from HCMC. Its high up 3000 feet maybe and looks like one large lettuce farm. The airport is something out of the 1950s all small and tarmac walking. We flew in a turbo prop, I of course got the seat that if it had been any closer to the engine it would have had to be on the wing. My Vietnamese colleague is one of those guys who is all touchy feely. The more I tried to move away, the more he encroached upon my space. He also says a number of words that require considerable flapping of the lips and discharge of spit.

Vietnam, what can I say. It has probably the largest percentage of good looking young girls I have ever seen. If this alone were not enough to get the pulse racing they have disparportinatly large breasts on a tiny little frame. And, if the Fume is reading they squeeze the whole package into conservative mini skirts white blouse and black jackets, hop on a moped and let the breeze massage the areas that brings a man out in a sweat.

Now, me being a little fat European which apparently makes me look like a laughing Buddha creates all sorts of giggles but not in the Chinese way of covering the mouth but full blown honest to god laughing.

In all my travels I have often wondered why people battle over countries they have no place to be, and Vietnam's people just amplify that thought.

I sometimes, in my more wandering moments wonder who runs a Company that decides cancelling its late night Friday flight to Hong and its early Monday morning flight to HCMC is smoking.